Friday 29 May 2015

Camp Update..

Just want to start with saying I've been so so poorly over the last couple of weeks. I have had really bad tonsillitis, which has mad me want to crawl in my bed and die! But anyway I'm back with another post.

It has been a really great week, as I said in my first post, that I hoped to do some travelling well, I have finally been placed in a quaint camp in North Carolina, Blue Star Camp!

I had my original interview, through Skype on Wednesday. The interview I thought went really well and flowed from question to question. I panicked because even though I'd researched my camp (definitely do this!!), I wasn't sure what kind of questions they would answer me. Not gonna lie had to wing it a bit. Also, a little tip think of like 3 accomplishments in your life, this will give you some talking points for answering the questions.

The lady who interviewed me said it would take 1-2 days for me to find out whether I would be joining their summer camp. All the next day, I was refreshing my e-mails, it got to the point when I had to hide my phone and go and occupy myself. After baking a cake, I came back to check on my e-mails. And there it was, The e-mail that could quite possibly change my life (cheesy I know, but I am going to America). This e-mail could either say yes or no, my heart was literally out of my chest and I was shaking like a leaf.

I opened it; there it said, 'I would like to get in touch, to offer you a place at Blue Star Camp'. All I could do was scream and do a little dance, I was officially going to America!!! It had taken months of preparation and patience, but finally the placement had come. 

That's when the fun starts, my flight will be on the 6th of June, that gives me just over a week to go and sort whole life out for 3 months.. KILL ME KNOW!! 


I will definitely keep you posted on whats going on, and when I get there, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask:-) 




Lucy☮

0 comments:

Post a Comment