Friday 14 August 2015

First Leg: FL Summary..

So camp is over; now time for the real reason for being in America..travelling! 


 I was lucky enough to make American friends that were driving down to the state of Florida from camp and offered me a ride. The journey was loooong, about 12 hours however I was so physically drained that I slept a lot of the way. We stopped off at Gainesville, the college town for University of Florida, as one of my friends has a her college house here. We visited a lovely restaurant/deli called Deli on 43rd Street (review coming later). Then back on the road for the second leg of the journey which should take about 4 hours. 

For the first couple of nights, I stayed with my friend Shannon at Weston, FL. For the majority of the time I am not going to lie, I slept! All I wanted to do was sleep and tan, typical Brit! We did visit South Beach in Miami which was beautiful. 

Then, I moved houses to my co's house, Morgan. At the time, there was not only me but my travel buddy Robyn and a group of lads from camp. So Morgan decided to throw a bit of a pool party/ Blue Star Reunion- always fun! We visited Lincoln Road (will explain in later post), beaches and did a lot of relaxing!

Moving day came again, this time was to the Scheck's for Shabbat Shabooty. We had a meal which literally filled me up for 5 days, it was insane! Faryn, our host, also took us to Wynwood Walls, which was amazing to see, we did some shopping a lot of eating and then the nomads (Robyn and I) needed to find another roof to stay under.. SHANNON!


That's right good'ol Shannon took us back in, we visited Fort Lauderdale to see her sister. But unfortunately then I got a cold (I know I am in Florida, what is going on?!) so I kinda felt sorry for myself for a day or two, so we stayed around the pool and they had to listen to my whining! 

Then the last house of FL came about in the shape of my other co counsellor Bailey- this is also where we met the last part of the travelling trio, Hannah. She took us to The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens, which was so peaceful and beautiful. Unfortunately there was a lot of tasks that we needed to do before we travelled to San Francisco, so the day was cut short to pack and book accommodation, seeing as we were flying the next day, it was kind of important!! 

And that is it, my Florida experience summed up in a few short paragraphs. There will be more posts about the things  I did whilst I was there and places to eat, so keep posted.

Thanks for reading guys, stay safe✌️
Lucy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment