Wednesday 10 June 2015

Getting to Camp..

Finally the day has come, I've packed and waxed and now I'm ready to go.


After stupidly not going to bed until 3:30, we were up again at like 6, I was Mardy and tired and really wasn't feeling going on a plane for  god knows how long!!

Getting there was okay until we went the completely wrong way and end up in Terminal 1 instead of Terminal 2 at Manchester Airport; know if any of you know this airport you will know how bloody massive it is!! We walked for ages to find T2!! 

I was panicking the whole way thinking that my bag was going to be overweight and that I would have to take things out and give them to Bradley to take home. When I approached the Checking In desk, she weighed my bag first and it was ... 19kg! Couldn't believe it that meant that I would have 4kg to bring home stuff from America.

Being stuck in an airport by yourself for like 2 and a half hours is definitely not fun!  Everywhere I was looking to see if anyone else was going to my camp and try and see if they were some sort of camp t-shirt; but unfortunately I was all out of luck and couldn't find one. 

I flew with Americian Airlines and they were fab! They literally just stocked you up on all the food and drink you could want (their tea tasted a little bit funny though😔). It was really good though because I'd never been on a long haul flight, apart from when I was small, so I watched films which were quite new and up to date, we were given a blanket and pillow which was obviously used and everyone was so polite and helpful, I can't wait to get on my flight home! (Just kidding!!)

To get to my final destination, there was a changeover at Washington Airport, where you had to wait an additional 3 hours!! But the Yorkshire way is to always chat to some complete stranger about your life story, so time went really quick!

We got on this tiny aeroplane to get from Washington to Greenville, it was so small and old that it still had cigarette ashy trays in the arm of the seat!!

After being picked up by camp, I already had a good feel at how friendly everyone is and how good my summer will be.

I am so excited for my summer and kk keep you posted on what happens!





 

0 comments:

Post a Comment