Saturday 15 August 2015

MIAMI; my top 5 places..

When I first got to Miami, I had no idea what I wanted to do or where to go. Obviously you know from my previous post, I was lucky enough to have your guides! 


Wynwood Walls
This place was insane! They have taken a run down area and covered the walls in graffiti and there you have it a hip, new place to go. I had two favourite walls: the flowers and the Buddhas; which in all honest is probably the generic favourites (oh well!). Around the walls and covered too were coffee shops, restaurants, boutiques etc that were more upmarket but lovely things if you are wanting to splurge. However, be careful because my friend but a juice for $10, and no it didn't have gold leaf in it!! 

South Beach
I went to South Beach twice and two very different experiences. Now the first time was unbelievable, clear sea and sand, literally like being in a pool (this way I can check for sharks!). There was a group of about 10 of us, we went and got drinks (TIP:pour into cups and you won't get told off), and chilled on the beach all afternoon. The sea was like getting into a bath though, not the refreshing chills us Brits need! However the second time I went, we went to a different section and it was full of seaweed, which meant the sea wasn't as clear and I didn't want to do in because it felt like things were crawling on me and I am a big girls blouse!! But I walked up and down the beach and it is honestly a beautiful beach. Be warned though, it isn't like Spain there is no food or drink on the waterfront, so take a picnic!

Lincoln Road
The best way to describe Lincoln Road is Miami's version of Covent Garden. It is literally a strip with shops and restaurants on. But this strip is endless, there is every shop you could wish for and the restaurants look and smelled amazing! It is buzzing with locals and tourists and it was the first time I felt like I was actually in Miami. We went to an Italian restaurant off of Lincoln Road called Piola. The food was quick and fresh, they even had a proper pizza stove..amazing!! To do some shopping or just to get the Miami vibe, talk a walk down here. 

Fairchild Botanical Tropical Gardens
This required you to be a member, but I'm not sure whether you could just go. However this was a place like Rufford Park. It was beautiful greenland that you could walk around and if you had the time you could get lost in the trees.
Intertwined in the trees was a butterfly house, where hundreds of butterflies flew around you and if you were lucky enough they even landed on you! 
Aventura Mall
According to our 'tour guides' this is e biggest mall in America (please comment if I am wrong!). This mall had everything you could ever wish for and for whatever budget you have. I was lucky enough that when I went it was tax free weekend, because that really is a pain in America they add the additional tax at the counter so you never really know how much you've spent! Forever 21 is a must, I got so many bargains!!

So there you go there are my 5 places to go in Miami, hope this has helped some of you guys out. ENJOY MIAMI!✌️

Thanks for reading
Lucy 

0 comments:

Post a Comment